Jump to navigation Jump to search
- how to run reliable broadband internet between houses, both wireless and wired
- legal issues with using "right of way" to run
- how to set up services (e.g. DNS) so that network can continue functioning as an intranet if internet access is cut, and to minimize transitional awkwardness
- techniques for long-distance network connectivity, e.g. IP over shortwave, tight-beam WLAN dishes
- battery banks, care and feeding of
- are some types of batteries better for use as UPSs?
- how to get 240vac
- how to set up house power to use the batteries, so no plugs have to be swapped when power goes out
- how to determine charge level
- volt/amp sensors with digital interfaces
- OpenUPS may be helpful for monitoring battery banks. "Open" refers to the interface; the hardware seems to be proprietary.
- solar power: basic techniques
- how to monitor power usage on a per-device basis
- is there a gadget to report power usage in digital form, preferably via wireless?