Viewing a history listing
|18:38, 7 March 2011||Woozle||(Reply to Site warming post)|
|03:33, 23 January 2011||Woozle||(update: yes there is)|
|03:31, 23 January 2011||Woozle||(Reply to Site warming post)|
|03:30, 23 January 2011||Woozle||(Reply to Site warming post)|
|00:29, 10 January 2011||Woozle||(Reply to Site warming post)|
|23:47, 8 January 2011||Woozle|
I've just installed this forum extension and have never used it before, but it looked very promising. It doesn't have avatars yet, but that's apparently in the works (and if they take too long implementing them, I'll do it myself) -- and:
- it does seem to use MediaWiki's text-handling code (hence comments will go through the spam filter, which was not the case for the last forum extension I tried
- It supports different views of threads, e.g. you could insert a discussion (or a link to it) on a relevant page, and the contents would be updated as the dialogue continued
- Comments are threaded, and the threading is actually legible (take that, WordPress...)
- Comments can be previewed (because they use MediaWiki's editor) (tt,WP encore)
- Comments are individually linkable and displayable (as in Reddit/LessWrong)
- Threads can be categorized
- Seems generally flexible
So, let's see what this looks like.
Addendum: Although my other wikis allow anonymous posting, I think for this one I'd like to restrict it to logged-in users. Unfortunately the way the forum software handles this restriction is a little unfriendly (e.g. it doesn't link you to the "create an account" page). If anyone has any thoughts on this, please let me know.
Hmm, no way to add a reply to a reply that I can see... nesting only goes one level deep. That's bad. See above subcomment...
Also, I just noticed that previewing replies doesn't seem to work.
Except that this one did. I tried it twice in a row and it didn't; I go to make a comment about how it doesn't work, and it does. Go figure.